15 Ideas to Decorate With a Sheepskin Rug
Any room can benefit from placing the right type of rug in it. A rug can have many different purposes. Some people will use it to provide some extra floor space where they can sit down on. Some people will use it to provide a warmer floor on their feet. Some will use it to help create a better look. There are many different types of rugs you can buy but this article will specifically be about sheepskin rugs. These types of rugs have a couple of benefits and can make any room look more attractive.
One of the main benefits about a sheepskin rug is that it’s really soft. You can imagine how soft they are just by knowing that people count sheep to fall asleep. Their soft fluffy fur makes for excellent comfort as well as beautiful décor. Although sheep skin will naturally be white, they can take dye pretty well so you can get them in different colors if you like. Another benefit of these rugs is that they are hypoallergenic. They are also relatively easy to clean. You can just throw these rugs into a washing machine with some light detergent or you can get the dry cleaned as well.
When buying sheepskin rugs, you will notice that they will come in somewhat circular shapes. These are actually pelts that are sewed together. So in terms of size, you will typically buy them at a set size such as sexto and octo. Sexto just means that there are six pelts sewed together while octo means that there are eight of them sewed together. The size you get is just up to you. You do want to limit the size depending on the room however. A small room with a large sheepskin area rug can make can appear smaller than it really is for example.
There are different types of sheepskin rugs that you can get such as a faux sheepskin rug and bowron sheepskin rug as well as different colors. The differences in these types of rugs are mainly the way they look and feel. Some are fluffier than others while some are softer than others. If you are looking for the best quality, then you will want to look at the origin of the rug. The two countries that produce the best quality of sheepskin rugs are New Zealand and Australia. This is due to the fact that they have been producing these types of rugs for a very long time and have perfected the production techniques. The cost of these rugs will depend on the size as well as the quality. You can expect to spend under $100 for smaller sizes and a few hundred for the bigger ones.
- Black And White Minimalist Living Room With Quarto Ivory Longwool Black Sheepskin Rug Image 1 of 15
- Classic Living Room With Wood Fireplace And Quarto Ivory Longwool Sheepskin Rug Image 2 of 15
- Classic Sitting Room With Royal Dream Large Sheepskin Rug Image 3 of 15
- Classic Wooden Living Room With Quarto Sheepskin Rug 4× Image 4 of 15
- Contemporary Living Room With Deluxe Auskin Sheepskin Rug Image 5 of 15
- Contemporary Living Room With Mocka Faux Sheepskin Rug Grey With Neve Cushion And Swirl Rug Image 6 of 15
- Cozy Home Office With Colorful Theme And Small Sheepskin Rug Image 7 of 15
- Cute Nuzzler Rug Small Sheepskin Rug Image 8 of 15
- Elegance Living Room With Minimalist Chairs And Soft Sheepskin Fur Rug Image 9 of 15
- Elegant Sitting Room With Modern Fireplace And Premium Octo Sheepskin Rugs Image 10 of 15
- Fancy Sitting Room With White Chair And White Faux Sheepskin Rug Image 11 of 15
- Large Ivory White Sheepskin Rug Image 12 of 15
- Minimalist Bedroom Decor With Double Pelt Sheepskin Rug Image 13 of 15
- Modern Sheepskin Rugs Sydney With Different Colours Image 14 of 15
- Traditional Neutral Bedroom With Grey Faux Sheepskin Rugs Small Size Image 15 of 15